"What an unbelievable night. It takes an immense amount of courage to get on a big stage like the Grammys following an incredibly public mishap, but Demi Lovato took charge when she graced the 2020 ceremony for the first time in three years -- and her first live performance in two -- on Sunday night (Jan. 26). Introduced by Little Women director Greta Gerwig, who commended Lovato for her strength, the spotlight shone on the singer. “And you kind of listen back to it and you kind of think, how did nobody listen to this song and think, 'Let’s help this girl? Bianca Gracie

Privacy Policy

She began to tear up during the opening notes, but soon gained her compsure while belting about confiding in alcohol and getting stuck in silence. EMAIL ME Billboard is a subsidiary of Valence Media, LLC.

“I almost listen back and hear these lyrics as a cry for help,” Lovato said of the tune during an interview with Zane Lowe on Jan. 24.

© 2019 Billboard. About Our Ads '", Lovato took to social media after the performance to reflect on the big event. FACEBOOK

The Biz premium subscriber content has moved to Billboard.com/business. by Advertising. So emotional for me," she wrote. TWITTER All Rights Reserved.

Cookie Settings 1/26/2020 "Thank you all for the love, support and for sharing this moment with me. Terms of Use

The somber, painstricken lyrics included “I feel stupid when I sing / Nobody’s listening" and “Why do I pray anyway if no one’s listening?” Lovato's voice was powerful as she belted the high notes, singing every note with passion. YOUTUBE. Wearing a white ballroom gown and backed only by a piano, Lovato let her voice tell the story of heartache and future breakthrough she experienced following a drug-related medical stay in 2018. "Anyone" marks Lovato's latest song since 2018's "Sober." I love you all.".

My first time back on stage in almost 2 years. It was Lovato's first live performance in nearly two years.

To simplify subscriber access, we have temporarily disabled the password requirement.

Billboard is part of MRC Media and Info, a division of MRC.

It takes an immense amount of courage to get on a big stage like the Grammys following an incredibly public mishap, but Demi Lovato …

Watch full video of Lovato's "Anyone" performance below.