Jojo Rabbit is a lie, and a detestable one at that, especially in this day and age of rising white nationalism at home and abroad. It’s insane. The young stars of “Jojo Rabbit,” 12-year-old Roman Griffin Davis and 11-year-old Archie Yates, made the most of their experience at the 92nd Academy Awards by doing just that. Sie war bereits im Netflix-Film "The King" zu sehen. During the film's Los Angeles premiere, Waititi explained why he wanted to take a spoof approach to such a dark time in history. The Jojo Rabbit Kids Are Having More Fun Than Anyone at the 2020 Oscars Archie Yates and Roman Griffin Davis chat with E! War is such a stupid thing and it makes no sense, and when children see us behaving this way, it only perpetuates the behavior.". You’ve got every dynamic and every stereotype in families. That’s what they’re going off. And I go, 'Yeah, I remember that.'

Jojo Rabbit is a comedy/drama project by director Taika Waititi.

Things Ghost of Tsushima Doesn't Tell You. Er schafft es, die ganzen Stimmungen von Jojo, wie Zorn, Angst, Entdeckungsgeist sowie Humor glaubhaft darzustellen. In der Leinwandadaption von Christine Leunens’ Roman Caging Skies entdeckt ein 10-jähriger begeisterter Hitlerjunge, dass seine Mutter eine Jüdin im Haus versteckt, und berät sich mit seinem imaginären Freund Adolf Hitler. Because the people who’ve run Disney have always been very supportive. We test the film. There were huge, huge character changes, huge story changes. Nazi-era satire Jojo Rabbit has won the Oscar for best adapted screenplay at the Academy Awards.

Jojo Rabbit didn't leave Rotterdam or Berlin with the funds or partners in place to begin production, though Winstanley said the trip to CineMart was incredibly worthwhile and helped the pic take shape. Usually I start with the end, and then try to take a stab at the beginning. Post-“Thor.” So I’m not sure if even in two years I’d be — I don’t know what I’m doing in f—ing two days. The filmmaker said that he added "elements that you wouldn't normally have with these films.". The filmmaker added that he hoped the movie would continue the conversation and keep memories of those lost in the Holocaust alive. There’s no Hitler-as-imaginary-friend in the book. From Waititi using creative liberties and adding the character of Hitler while adapting the screenplay to the process behind creating the setting of Nazi Germany and designing the costumes, the cast and crew have been open with The Hollywood Reporter about the process behind making Jojo Rabbit. "He wants to include them in the process. Is her character Jane Foster going to have cancer in it? I would want to do any kind of movie if it made sense, and if it felt not like career suicide.

Just by working on “The Mandalorian,” you’ve landed squarely in the future of “Star Wars” conversation. They’re relentless in their pursuit of just a good movie. I'm not gonna do that," he said. While discussing the process of getting the film financed and made, Winstanley said that Waititi did not originally plan on playing Hitler in the film. Cate Blanchett was previously nominated for best actress and best supporting actress in Elizabeth: The Golden Age and I'm Not There, respectively, in 2007. We don't get to be party to those conversations, but knowing that they are happening is really special.". Isn’t that so weird, though?

I was just looking out the window and thinking, “Oh, my God!” It takes a lot of effort to get out of bed and go down to Highland and wait for black SUVs to drive past and tell people who work in the movie industry that they’re evil and that gays should go to hell.

Oktober 2019 kam er in ausgewählte US-Kinos und lief am 23. Taika Waititi als Hitler in "Jojo Rabbit". There’s a purity to his focus and intention that’s unshakable.”, Waititi also has some notable quirks — for example, he naps at least once a day.

It just started happening as I was writing. I wanted to try and communicate to kids who grew up like I did, or are growing up like I did. He's got a similar relationship with anyone of any age, gender, whatever.

Jojo Rabbit is heading to the 2020 Oscars with six nominations. While Waititi knew he wanted to make a movie about World War II, he understood that he was not an expert in heavy drama. That helped us see the power and the importance of the film. Das Drehbuch hat Taika Waititi verfasst, dessen Großvater im Zweiten Weltkrieg gegen die Nazis kämpfte. I think so. “Jojo Rabbit” is a farce, a provocation and a coming-of-age tale about a child grappling with the evils of Nazism. I actually build it into my budgets. To say to them, it’s OK to want to be an artist.

„Jojo Rabbit“ bei den Oscars 2020: Taika Waititi im Interview Kultur Stützen der Gesellschaft Deus Ex Machina Film Literatur Pop Kunst Theater Architektur Klassik Medien Blau ", McKenzie said that working with Waititi was "easy-going and fun." Directed by Taika Waititi, the film had to see off strong competition in … Der junge Hauptdarsteller Roman Griffin Davis stammt aus Großbritannien.

In addition to being up for best supporting actress, she also nabbed a best actress nod for her work in Noah Baumbach's Marriage Story. "It's really fun. "Once his people saw the film and understood, they made it happen," he revealed. Sitemap | Johansson's noms make her the latest member of the elite 11-person club of actors who have achieved such a feat.

Updated 2:49 AM ET, Tue February 11, 2020 New Zealand director/actor Taika Waititi accepts the award for Best Adapted Screenplay for "Jojo Rabbit" during the 92nd Oscars at the Dolby Theatre … Im Fall von "Jojo Rabbit", der ab 23.

When you look at the movies you’ve made, what’s the through line that connects them? ", "I find it adds a whole other quality to the actor-director relationship when it's an actor that's directing you," said Johansson.