Somewhat Daily Rambling to be Taken Very Seriously .Follow My Blog Get new content delivered directly to your inbox. web design by beauchamp | artist services, Music Preparer Emily Grishman on Scoring Notes Podcast, 10 Influential Albums #10: Tabula Rasa by Arvo Pärt, 10 Influential Albums #9: Music of Edgar Varèse, 10 Influential Albums #8: Music in Fifths by Philip Glass, 10 Influential Albums #7: Le Mystere des Voix Bulgares, 10 Influential Albums #6: Trout Mask Replica by Captain Beefheart, 10 Influential Albums #5: Lumpy Gravy by Frank Zappa, 10 Influential Albums #4: Live at the Village Vanguard Again by John Coltrane, 10 Influential Albums #3: In C by Terry Riley, 10 Influential Albums: #2: Karl Bohm's Recording of Mozart's Die Zauberflote, 10 Influential Albums: #1 Music of the Gothic Era — David Munrow, New Interview by Keith Simon of KCME Colorado Springs. We just listened. I listened to it once, twice, and then the third time, I finally got it.

They were all amazing musicians. In any event, the best of these composers — and Perotin is as great as it gets, up there with Monterverdi, Beethoven, Stravinsky, and Bach — write music that is tough, angular, dramatically intense and simulatneously lyrical and beautiful.
He asked me for some music to accompany one of these videos and I gave him the opening of The Summit of La Verna, a piece for four female voices performed by another brilliant friend, Galen Brandt. And of course, listen to Lumpy Gravy. Edward Einhorn. I also recently had an article published by HowlRound about the project.

In e... Trendige Einhorn Taschentücher – ein Fund bei ALDI, Der Einhorn Pinsel Hype geht weiter! It was a real pleasure to speak with Keith about so many different pieces! And it’s also not folk music, it’s an elite art, flipping back and forth like one of those optical illusions. You could make music with tape recorders? I bought this record at the much-loved J&R Audio in lower Manhattan. She copied perhaps 10 feature film scores for me by hand and her calligraphy was a work of art. Mit diesen limitierten Pinseln von. I know the stories about how the band members were abused in the cult-like atmosphere that Don Vliet (Beefheart) created during the Trout Mask period.

I’ve always thought that that was a sad commentary on Trane’s audience, that they couldn/wouldn’t follow him. I used similar techniques for the main theme of Tulennielijä (Fire-Eater), Pirjo Honkasalo’s film about two sisters in a circus.

The filmed version of The Last Cyclist (trailer available here), which I directed, will be traveling to film festivals. I loved the recordings I had of it, but something was missing, something off.

I am also the Artistic Director of Untitled Theater Company No.

My path to this album begins with Stravinsky’s Les Noces., a masterpiece that’s not part of this list but really should be because it blew my mind when I first heard it, even more than The Rite of Spring. I was 15 when I heard the Columbia Recording of Terry Riley’s In C for the first time. It would be so incredibly boring. Mit diesen limitierten Pinseln von Lahaye hat es nun der erste Drogeriemarkt geschafft, das Herz eines jeden Einhorn-Fans höher schlagen zu lassen. Der Einhorn Pinsel Hype geht weiter!

Sadly, I never saw Coltrane live, but I did see Alice Coltrane, Rashied Ali, and Pharaoh Sanders, at the infamous Slug’s and elsewhere.. If you only know my music through VOL or Red Angels, here’s a way to quickly get a sense of the many different projects and pieces I’ve written.