How dare you!\" After a year of school climate strikes, it was Greta Thunberg's big moment on the world stage. … Posted September 23, 2019 1:50 pm . Teen climate activist Greta Thunberg gave a scathing speech at the United Nations Climate Action Summit on Monday, accusing world leaders of stealing her childhood. The demonstration in New York City was one of hundreds around the world with millions of people taking part. “You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words. By Valerie Volcovici and Matthew Green Reuters. Where the people who have contributed the least to this crisis are the ones who are going to be affected the most. On 23 September 2019, Thunberg addressed the assembled world leaders at the 2019 UN Climate Action Summit held in New York City. 'How dare you': Transcript of Greta Thunberg's UN climate speech .

: Young Crowds Demand Action, Welcome Greta Thunberg", "Across the globe, millions join biggest climate protest ever", "If world leaders choose to fail us, my generation will never forgive them | Greta Thunberg", "Transcript: Greta Thunberg's Speech at the U.N. She warned the global leaders that "I don't want you to be hopeful. After a year of... "We are in the beginning of a mass extinction, and all you can talk about is money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth. [2] Prior to her speaking engagements Thunberg demonstrated outside Swedish Riksdag using the signage "skolstrejk för klimatet", school strike for climate. Immer wieder schleuderte Greta Thunberg auf dem UN-Klimagipfel den Politikern diesen Satz entgegen. \"We are in the beginning of a mass extinction, and all you can talk about is money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth. In her acceptance speech at the gala, Thunberg urged celebrities everywhere to use their influence and do their fair share of climate activism to help her. [3], On 24 November 2018, she spoke at TEDxStockholm.

[33], On 11 December 2019, Thunberg addressed the COP25. The 16-year-old climate activist offered a stinging rebuke to leaders at the UN climate summit in New York. Following a press conference, Thunberg joined First Nations Indigenous people and together they led the climate march.

People are dying. I shouldn’t be up here. "If we fail to do so" she said, "all that will remain of our political leaders' legacy will be the greatest failure of human history. Speculating that her children and grandchildren would ask her why they had not taken action in 2018 when there was still time, she concluded with "we can't change the world by playing by the rules, because the rules have to be changed. This is all wrong.

How dare you! "[6], Thunberg addressed the COP24 United Nations climate change summit on 4 December 2018,[7] and also spoke before the plenary assembly on 12 December 2018. But since that is still being ignored, I will just keep repeating it. [8][9], On 25 January Thunberg gave a speech at the World Economic Forum in Davos.

"[25] Climate Action Summit", "Greta Thunberg turns tables on Trump and quotes his mockery in new Twitter bio", "Greta Thunberg's U.N. speech set to death metal music goes viral", "Greta Thunberg's 'how dare you' speech performed by Megan Washington and Robert Davidson – video", "Fatboy Slim plays Greta Thunberg 'Right Here, Right Now' mash-up: Watch", "Live coverage – 500,000 in Montreal climate march led by Greta Thunberg | Montreal Gazette", "Greta Thunberg UN speech in FULL: Read climate activist's condemnation of world leaders", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Speeches_of_Greta_Thunberg&oldid=973059605, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 15 August 2020, at 04:27. "How dare you! "[14] On 30 March, Thunberg received the 'Golden Camera' Special Award on Germany's annual film and television award show. [27] US President Donald Trump, who had attended the meeting for 10 minutes and then left, tweeted a video of her opening remarks and commented: "She seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future. She has been noted for her skills as an orator.