[citation needed] He also auditioned for the tenth season of American Idol, but was cut before the live voting rounds. Jason Lipshutz [3][4] On the Billboard Hot 100, it debuted at number 84 the week of January 11.
Privacy Policy "[11][12], On December 27, 2018, Allen performed "Make Me Want To" on NBC's Today. [3][1] Allen auditioned for America's Got Talent, but did not make it past the preliminary auditions.

The Biz premium subscriber content has moved to Billboard.com/business. [5][6][7], Allen signed a publishing deal with Wide Open Music, a songwriting imprint formed by singer-songwriter Ash Bowers, in 2016. About Our Ads FACEBOOK His first official single, "Best Shot", was released in early 2018. © 2019 Billboard. "Make Me Want To" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music singer Jimmie Allen. A lot of times I catch feelings fast, maybe too fast. Jimmie Allen performs for the 55th Academy of Country Music Awards. He is signed to Broken Bow Records imprint Stoney Creek, for which he has released the two singles "Best Shot" and "Make Me Want To" and the 2018 album Mercury Lane.

The week of its release, it was the second most-added song to country music radio playlists. Nearly two years after Jimmie Allen released his debut full-length, the country star brought one of its biggest hits, “Make Me Want To,” to the 2020 ACM Awards. It achieved similar chart prominence in Canada, reaching number five on the Country chart. Allen himself said of the song that "I'm a sensitive guy. . [11] The video features Allen casting spells with a magic wand given to him by a fairy godmother. Allen wrote the song with Paul Sikes and Jennifer Denmark, and Ash Bowers co-produced it with Eric Torres. TWITTER

James Edward Allen (born June 18, 1986) is an American country music singer and songwriter. [9] Also produced by Bowers, the album takes its name from the street on which Allen lived as a child. [2] A track from the EP, "Blue Jean Baby", was added to Spotify's "United States Viral 50 chart".[2]. The couple met through Allen’s cousin’s wife, and actually share the same hometown of Milton, Delaware, and began dating the spring of 2019. It is his second single overall, and the second from his 2018 debut album Mercury Lane. Terms of Use Its 58-week climb to number one is considered one of the longest climbs in that chart's history. [2] Both records have since been broken by Travis Denning's single "After a Few", which extended its run on the chart to 60 weeks in May 2020 and reached number one in its 65th chart week in June 2020. [1] After doing a talent showcase for representatives of Broken Bow Records in early 2017,[1] he was signed to that label's Stoney Creek imprint and released his self-titled debut EP, which Bowers produced. [2] During most of his first few years in Nashville, he experienced poverty and often lived out of his car. 9/16/2020 Click here for full details. [1], "Make Me Want To" reached number one on the Billboard Country Airplay chart dated March 7, 2020. Taste of Country described it as an "easy love song" similar in tone to its predecessor, "Best Shot". James Edward Allen (born June 18, 1986) is an American country music singer and songwriter. Billboard is part of MRC Media and Info, a division of MRC. [16] It will be included on his new EP, Bettie James, which will be released on July 10, 2020. Cookie Settings An accompanying music video for the single, directed by Justin Nolan Key, features Allen casting spells by waving a magical wand. [2] The song has made the Hot Country Songs, Country Airplay, and Billboard Hot 100 charts and was made into a music video. [21], This article is about the singer.

Taking the stage at the legendary Bluebird Cafe, Allen commanded the tiny stage with two accompanying musicians, grinning throughout the performance of his country hit and sporting a festive outfit accented by leather pants.
Earlier this year, Allen dropped the Bettie James EP, which featured collaborations with Nelly, Noah Cyrus, Tim McGraw and Brad Paisley, among others. [5] Eight weeks later, it peaked at number 49 the week of February 22, and stayed on the chart for ten weeks. All Rights Reserved. [13] The album's second single, "Make Me Want To" released to country radio on February 1, 2019,[14] and it also became a Number One hit on the Billboard Country Airplay chart. In an interview with CMT, Allen explained that he was a fan of Disney, Harry Potter and The Notebook, and wanted to film something that brought all three of his favorites together, adding that this was "the first of a five-part music video collection. [8] It has sold 34,000 copies in the United States as of March 2020. [10] Allen said that the song's title and central theme were inspired by his grandmother and his son, who was 4 at the time of the song's release. The recording was made into a video as well. [11][1] His debut album, Mercury Lane, was issued in October 2018. "[2] Stephen Thomas Erlewine of AllMusic compared the EP's sound to the "slick, assured style" of Thomas Rhett and Sam Hunt. Allen wrote the song with Paul Sikes and Jennifer Denmark, and Ash Bowers co-produced it with Eric Torres. Nearly two years after Jimmie Allen released his acclaimed debut full-length, the country star brought one of its biggest hits, the breezy “Make Me Want To,” to the 2020 ACM Awards on Wednesday night (Sept. 16). He is signed to Broken Bow Records imprint Stoney Creek, for which he has released the two singles "Best Shot" and "Make Me Want To" and the 2018 album Mercury Lane. It was certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), and has sold 34,000 copies in the US as of March 2020. It is his second single overall, and the second from his 2018 debut album Mercury Lane. by Allen and McCreery later reconnected and toured together after the release of Allen's debut album. [12] "Best Shot" was a Number One hit on the Billboard Country Airplay chart in November 2018, making him the first black artist to send his debut single to the top of that chart.