Both streamers would have been well aware of the risks of course; a lower overall userbase on Mixer would be an unavoidable downside, but both have stated that the move wasn't necessarily to explode in popularity or make more money, but rather for a fresh start. Streamers on Mixer earn money by soliciting donations or subscriptions from viewers. During a live stream, some were talking about his numbers and Ninja comes out directly to tell the world what he thinks: “Listen, I need you to understand something. Ninja’s 80,000 Mixer viewers show that he’s bigger than just Twitch. Using Sparks during the streams of partnered Mixer streamers contributes to the financial rewards they receive from the service. At the beginning of each round spectators receive 100 stars to wager, winning or losing stars based on the accuracy of their predictions.

Despite being around for years, Mixer feels fresh compared to Amazon’s streaming juggernaut. Mixer started life as Beam, an independent streaming service launched in January 2016. Ninja had already faced the brunt of the risk, as the first streamer of such a size to leave the dominant platform of Twitch, and pairing him with shroud was certain to boost Mixer's profile even further. medianet_height = "600"; Ka Mai uses a burner 'cause he hates social media, announced integration with Windows 10 that October. I’m reading a couple of the comments, I can only assume you are talking about my viewers.”. Which leads us to …. Ninja had already faced the brunt of the risk, as the first streamer of such a size to leave the dominant platform of Twitch, and pairing him with shroud was certain to boost Mixer… The fact that not all of shroud's audience is following him to his new home might say more about the site's usability and features when compared to Twitch. Instead of a 10-20 second delay between broadcast and viewing, Beam’s low latency protocol lowers the delay to under a second, making interaction between watchers and players more immediate.

Browse. Mixer Twitch Ninja Streaming Explainer kotakucore. Image: Ninja on Mixer .

He commented on this recently during his Mixer stream. Skip navigation. Advertise with Us 2. Users also earn an in-app currency called Sparks as they watch or broadcast on Mixer.

Kotaku elder, lover of video games, keyboards, toys, snacks, and other unsavory things. The follow-up he made did address the concern though, and it makes sense. Watch and chat now with millions of other fans from around the world . His move has damaged a lot of his metrics and viewerbase. New statistics have revealed a disappointing drop in viewership for massively popular livestreamer Michael 'shroud' Grzesiek following his move to Mixer - but will it concern him? One of Mixer’s defining features is its focus on community interaction. medianet_versionId = "3111299"; Editorial Policy On the 1st of August 2019, the most popular Twitch streamer announced his move to Mixer. Ninja streams live on Twitch!

If he really didn’t care, would he react so strongly? They've already reduced the subscription price to match, and have rolled out 'clipping' for users, also in line with Twitch's own feature. I am currently level 15, just from tuning into random streams sporadically since early 2018. Watching co-op online games is much more satisfying when you can see the action from every player’s perspective. Our Staff The service boasts extremely low latency between streamers and viewers, allowing for timely interactive features. He clearly hit the topic, and then responds with a snarky remark: “I don’t think you guys understand how little I give a f***.”, “How little viewers mean to me right now on Mixer.”. Sparks are what viewers use to activate skills, enable interactive features, and use community-created apps. Who knows. medianet_crid = "729671607"; In May of 2017 the service was renamed Mixer due to the name Beam not being available for international use. Twitch has dominated game streaming for so long now, it’s nice to see someone playing a game surrounded by an interface that isn’t the same old white and purple, watching the same horrible emojis and comments speed by on the right side of the screen. Tyler Blevins (Ninja) made major news in August 2019, when he announced that he was moving from Twitch to Mixer.