I never did this, and I like to think that if I had, I would have turned off the stream once I'd joined the server they were on. "Things like heatmaps help, but in the end—on a larger scale it's really down to user reporting. Developers, too, have attempted to find ways to detect streamers beyond just letting players report them.

"It's a game.

NY 10036.

Featured REALTALK über Hater, Fake Videos, Geld.. Share. In other games, there are far more obvious signs. ", Brian Hicks notes that punishment of stream-snipers just isn't viable without developers having proof and not just suspicion. Someone who makes an effort to deliberately join a server that a streamer is on might not necessarily be watching the stream when they clash, and shouldn't, in my opinion, get banned for it. ", In other games, streamers don't just use detective work but patience, setting up an ambush and lying in wait. "Of course sometimes you run into non-destructive forms of stream sniping (what used to affectionately be called stream stalking)," Brian Hicks says on the topic of those who don't necessarily want to beat the streamers but just play alongside them, or interact with them. Please refresh the page and try again. Simex hater (@simexisttrash1) on TikTok | 362 Likes.

Something that is not in line with the game experience off-stream.". @_lorenz.rs 5 Followers, 5 Following, 10 Likes - Watch awesome short videos created by Simex Hater "DayZ hands down has suffered from stream sniping as an issue all the way back to the earliest builds of the mod," says Brian Hicks, who says he's been dealing with it as a developer since 2012. "While we understand we cannot prove that this player was watching the target stream's broadcast, we see no other reason why they would consistently attempt to be in the same lobby as someone who is broadcasting live other than to have an advantage in the game."

More often than not, and regardless of the game, a streamer will notice that something just feels 'off.' Part of the fun of playing with streamers, as KBubblez said, is finding out how good they really are. For instance, in Hearthstone, when the opposing player holds back a card that would be heavily punished by a card in the streamer's hand. by . One Hearthstone sniper—I'll refer to him here as Chip—says that for him, stream-sniping is about one thing and one thing only: winning.

Ray was looking for a new way to entertain himself, so he "...turned to stream sniping because streamers in general tend to be entertainers, and I knew that interactions with them would probably be funny or interesting. An example needs to be made. "That's the trade off you get for being a streamer.
"I changed my username on Battle.net several times, even throughout [a long period of being stream-sniped], and I do often, not always, but almost every day I stream with a delay. ©

Receive mail from us on behalf of our trusted partners or sponsors. ", "You can't really quantify how 'big' of an issue it is," Hearthstone streamer Reynad told me via Twitter. Featured best trailer sniper worldwide . Sometimes it's something obvious a player does that gives away that he is sniping, other times it is a pattern of behavior across games from an individual.

Says KBubblez: "I think it's funny when people are always going after them—it also shows how good [the streamers] actually are. I remember throughout almost a full month, like a quarter of my losses were to the same person. "You have to keep in mind a few things," says Kripp about Hearthstone snipers.

65 Fans. For now, at least, stream-sniping will continue to be an issue, and streamers will have to keep looking over their shoulders for the people they know are watching. PC Gamer is part of Future US Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. I mainly assumed stream-sniping happened for attention or laughs, or out of some personal dislike for particular streamers, but the snipers I talked to gave me a number of different reasons.
Another sniper claims he stream-sniped one streamer so often the streamer gave up playing games on Twitch entirely. Visit Stream Time and discover videos, set reminders and watch live streams from all over the world! In Kripp's case, the lengths players are willing to go in order to stream-snipe him are extreme, to the degree that a 'sniper guild' had actually formed (which Kripp then, somewhat amusingly, infiltrated). If you're gonna broadcast yourself online and have a following, you have to understand that there are going to be trolls.