'[106], The single's music video is credited to Alan Smithee (Nick Brandt removed his name due to the way Clive Davis re-edited the video), and produced by Rob Newman. Au total, Whitney Houston vend plus de 4 millions d'unités aux États-Unis à ajouter aux six millions vendues dans le monde entier. Also check out an interview to Dolly Patron’s reaction to Whitney’s version of her song. It topped the Billboard Hot 100 for fourteen consecutive weeks; at the time, this was a record for longest number one. The song was originally written by Dolly Parton and released on June 6, 1974 as the second single from her thirteenth solo studio album, Jolene.

[13] According to sheet music published at musicnotes.com by Hal Leonard Corporation, the country love track is set in a time signature of common time with a tempo of 66 beats per minute. [4] Houston's version of "I Will Always Love You" re-entered the charts in 2012 after her death, making it the second single ever to reach the top three on the Billboard Hot 100 in separate chart runs. However, when it was discovered the song was to be used for Fried Green Tomatoes, Houston requested a different song. In 1982, Parton re-recorded the song, when it was included on the soundtrack to the film The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas . It also dominated other Billboard charts, spending 14 weeks at the top of Billboard Hot 100 Single Sales chart, and 11 weeks at number one on its Hot 100 Airplay chart. Traduction en français des paroles pour I Will Always Love You par Whitney Houston. 65 on AFI's 100 Years...100 Songs survey of top tunes in American cinema. Houston's "I Will Always Love You" was also the year-end single of 1993 in the US. Again, we will always love you. After Whitney Houston's recording of the song became a hit in 1992, the tabloid press began reporting on a 'feud' between the two performers, stemming from Dolly Parton allegedly reneging on an agreement that she would not perform the song for a number of months while Houston's version was on the charts, so as not to compete with Houston's recording. Along the way, her virtuosic gospel embellishments enhance the emotion and never seem merely ornamental. [77] It debuted on the Billboard Hot Digital Singles Chart at number 3 on the chart dated February 25, 2012, with over 195,000 copies downloaded. Les paroles expriment une ode à un ancien amant à qui elle souhaite « bonheur » et « amour ».

I Will Always Love You" was issued on March 18, 1974, as the second single from Parton's thirteenth solo studio album, Jolene (1974). I promise you that no matter who walks into my life, I will never love them more than I love you. When Parton heard that Houston was using Ronstadt's recording as a template, she called Foster to give him the final verse, which was missing from the Ronstadt recording, as she felt it was important to the song. It's Elvis Presley.'

At the time of the video's shooting Houston was pregnant with her daughter Bobbi Kristina, so Houston is shown only sitting in the theater scenes. And I hope, you have all you've, dreamed of. The video is inter-cut with scenes from The Bodyguard and gives the viewer the experience of reliving the moments with the singer. [58] In Australia, it was the number 17 single of 1992 and the number two song of 1993. British pop, electronic dance and Hi-NRG singer Sarah Washington released a successful dance-cover of "I Will Always Love You" in 1993. [80] "I Will Always Love You" was certified four times Platinum in the US for shipments of over 4 million copies by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on January 12, 1993, making Houston the first female artist with a single to reach that level in RIAA history. Whitney Houston recorded her version of the song for the 1992 film The Bodyguard. I love being in your arms, just you and me. I mean, it was like the worst thing. There are only two times I want to be with you.