In his interview with Euronews, Escobar’s eldest child reiterated how Narcos failed to portray the extent of his father’s violence. At some point, mankind will have to make peace with drugs," explains Juan Pablo Escobar Junior in an interview with DW. That’s the sad reality behind the scenes of the TV that nobody sees.

“He’s become a sort of pop star as if the violence, the kidnappings, and the murders didn’t exist, I can’t believe it.”. What was it all for? We use cookies to improve our service for you.

He never suggested that his wish was that I follow in his footsteps. No matter how many laws are drafted against it, that all [the government] is doing is further encouraging the trade, as they have done uninterrupted for forty years since prohibitionist ideas and laws began with Nixon. The drugs' street value is in the millions. They can arrest or kill all the world's drug lords in one day, but the day after, drugs will be on the streets, because there are two hundred million drug users in the world, according to the United Nations. He was a man with leftist thoughts and ideas, but he also founded MAS (Death to Kidnappers), the first right-wing group in Colombia. What advice would you give to anyone who might be involved or thinking of getting involved in crime no matter how big or small? There were several moments. It’s about a man who sadly didn’t use his intelligence for good, and destroyed himself, along with many innocent victims. Revenge. Because you will feel gratitude for the air you breathe, for the eyes you have, for the life that was given to you, for the trees, the sun, the moon, or the soul. Some of these publications want to present him as a hero, so they end up leaving an unclear message about the consequences of his actions. I understand you give a lot of lectures to teenagers in Mexico, making them aware of the consequences of being involved in the drug trafficking business. Instead Marroquin wishes that young people learn the truth about his father through his books, which he says offer a different narrative to the “glorified version” sold by the TV series. Do you think peace is possible in Colombia? What do you think were your father’s motives?
A privilege, not a right. "The drug problem is not going to be resolved with machine guns. I’m sat at my dining table on my computer. Are you trying to send a message with the book? [I realized] when Justice Minister Rodrigo Lara Bonilla died in August 1984. The cocaine king of the Balkans could spend 20 years looking at a set of prison walls. What are your fondest memories of your father? I think they would end the game, they would stop their business. Are you able to explain what your life and lifestyle was like as a boy and a young man? Juan Pablo Escobar delves deep into his relationship with his father, crime, corruption, revenge, destruction, the cartel, and addiction to power. Destruction. Contact For the raining days, that’s when we have to thank more. “Pablo Escobar is now more famous than [he] ever was thanks to [a] television series,” Escobar’s son, who goes by the name Sebastian Marroquin, told Euronews in an exclusive interview. Did you look up to him as a role model, and was there ever a risk that you would get more involved with the Cartel? How did you decide not to follow in the footsteps of your father? The money first. What in your opinion is the key to happiness? Pablo Escobar's widow felt 'raped' when he forced her to have an abortion at 14 and grew to view him as a cruel psychopath she reveals after breaking her silence over the drug lord There’s a risk every day. There would be no way they would get rich the way they do now because no one would pay triple for a drug that they could buy at a state-owned pharmacy. So, there will always be someone willing to provide those drugs to millions of consumers. I was seven. In fact, if you look at all the other children of drug traffickers, they all followed in their parents' footsteps. His words were “I’m a bandit.”. In his last days, I was starving with my father next to 4 million dollars in cash. Disrespect to the law and to the Human Values. “Everyday people on social media tell me that they saw Narcos and that they want to be a narco like my father, which is the opposite lecture we learnt from living close to my father’s violence.”, This is not the first time Marroquin has spoken critically of Narcos. Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria, kolumbijski mafijec in politik, * 1. december 1949, Rionegro, Kolumbija, † 2. december 1993, Medellin, Kolumbija. © 2020 The Student Pocket Guide Ltd. All rights reserved.

That is to say, it creates a glamorous and inspirational product that many want to imitate.