(12.01.2016), Oxford University Press has chosen "post-truth" as word of the year after its use skyrocketed with the Brexit debate and the US election. Dad: "I give you boundaries because I'm your father!" This is another slang word, which I find very creative and funny. The 2015 German Youth Word of the Year was "Smombie" — a cross between smartphone and zombie. German Youth Language is about maintaining a certain detachedness, a certain Cool ™, it seems to me. The smartphone offers many alternative options, and German teens now have a term for those who take that private time to send text messages: "tacken," which switches the T in "kacken," which means to take a dump. Then you know there's a limit to how far down you can go — even if you're really good. Privacy Policy |

Tweet. Who's the leader of the pack among your friends? Maybe they were up all night on Snapchat and completely forgot to cram for their algebra test. Theodor Lewandowski: Linguistisches Wörterbuch. This word borrows from the 2012 German Youth Word of the Year, "YOLO," meaning "You only live once."

When young people reach puberty they try to distance themselves linguistically from their parents and other adults. According to Helmut Glück (2005), the term is not strictly defined. If you say "läuft bei dir" to someone — basically "things are going well with you" — it probably means nothing is really as it should be. Prime-Mitglieder genießen Zugang zu schnellem und kostenlosem Versand, tausenden Filmen und Serienepisoden mit Prime Video und vielen weiteren exklusiven Vorteilen. As with most of the youth words of the year, this one can also contain traces of irony. The British author and photographer Johny Pitts embarks on a journey from Sheffield to Paris, Brussels, and Berlin, searching for common ground and finding differentiation. The winner, however, is a term coming from the English language: "fly."

Ingrid Bauer, who is fluent in German, has been teaching and tutoring the German language since 1996. A cross between "Tinder" and "Kindergarten," "Tindergarten" is your collection of online dating contacts. when something is excellent/very good; firlefanc (Firlefanz) – when something is just too frippery – mostly in the negative meaning of the word; bagázs (Bagasch) – I think in Germany it is actually said in Hessian dialect, but still we use it for … Then apparently you have something in common with German teens. Walking while checking for a new like, follow or message can be hazardous. This results in Jugendsprache (teenage slang). Do you now any other German youth slang words or do teenagers in your language use German words in their teenage slang? So, a tanning bed is a Caribbean that just needs to be unfolded. Tags: Jugendsprache, youth slang. The word Steuerberater does already exist in German and it means nothing else than tax accountant. Englisch-Deutsch-Übersetzungen für [German youth slang] im Online-Wörterbuch dict.cc (Deutschwörterbuch). Swag was borrowed from the American rap scene and made it over to Germany around 2010, becoming popular thanks to Austrian rapper Money Boy's track "Turn My Swag On." The word Münzmallorca consists of the word Münze (coin) and Mallorca (Majorca) and I find this blending very creative.

I surfed the web for some of the latest German teenage slang words. DW Digital tests the most popular apps. If you've got swag, you radiate coolness. Androutsopoulos, Jannis (2000): Vom Mainstream-Radio bis zu den Skatermagazinen. If you already know the URL, you can enter it into your browser directly, saving valuable second that could be spent on Snapchat or Facebook instead. hubs.ly/H0wHXFN0, Could really use a free space in there... pic.twitter.com/jzD6YHVq2V.