He previously took the song to network TV with a performance on NBC's "Today" show. If you would like to opt out of browser push notifications, please refer to the following instructions specific to your device and browser: Country Singer Jimmie Allen Is Engaged!

Text us for exclusive photos and videos, royal news, and way more. "I feel like  'Best Shot' was a little slow and 'This Is Us,' the new single, is still super new.

1 with his breakout single last fall, will open for Chris Young on the Raised on Country Tour this summer. He'll perform acoustic, backed by percussion and guitar. Allen's played the Bluebird a number of times, he said. We went wit something people might know with a little tempo to it.". The country singer, 33, proposed to his girlfriend, Alexis Gale, 23, on Monday night during a trip to Disney World, PEOPLE confirms exclusively. When you're an artist and songwriter and got a song you love and you're not sure how people might feel about it, that's the place you go to try it out. “With Alexis being from my hometown, it is like always having a piece of home with me. Allen appears at the ACMs following the release of "Bettie James," a collaborative EP featuring Brad Paisley, Mickey Guyton, Nelly, Tim McGraw and country trailblazer Charley Pride. WATCH: Jimmie Allen Reflects on His Country Music Career 10 Years After Having to Live Out of His Car, Allen adds: “Her smile melts me, her pure heart challenges me to love better, the way she motivates and supports me is unlike anything I’ve ever seen, the way she loves me and my son is unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. Get push notifications with news, features and more. James Edward Allen (born June 18, 1986) is an American country music singer and songwriter.

Introducing ... PEOPLE's Products Worth the Hype, Jimmie Allen Admits He’s the First to ‘Catch Feelings’ in a Relationship: ‘I’m a Sensitive Guy’. ACM AWARDS:How the show came to Nashville for the first time ever, COUNTRY MUSIC:Look beyond the stereotypes: Country music status quo has been changing for years.

It feels incredible to find the type of love I’ve been writing songs about all these years!”. JIMMIE ALLEN:Singer survives months of homelessness to make country music history Earlier this year, "Make Me Want To" competed a year-long climb to … Cookies Policy, DEBUT TELEVISION PERFORMANCES OF “WHY THINGS HAPPEN” & “FREEDOM WAS A HIGHWAY” FROM STAR-STUDDED COLLABORATION EP BETTIE JAMES Platinum-selling recording artist Jimmie Allen will return to TODAY this Friday August 14 to perform two songs from his hit collaboration EP Bettie…, AN “ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS ARRIVAL” – ANN POWERS, NPR MUSIC FEATURED ARTISTS INCLUDE BRAD PAISLEY, CHARLEY PRIDE, DARIUS RUCKER, MICKEY GUYTON, NELLY, NOAH CYRUS, THE OAK RIDGE BOYS, RITA WILSON, TAUREN WELLS & TIM MCGRAW Combining his…, FEATURED ARTISTS INCLUDE BRAD PAISLEY, CHARLEY PRIDE, DARIUS RUCKER, MICKEY GUYTON, NELLY, NOAH CYRUS, THE OAK RIDGE BOYS, RITA WILSON, TAUREN WELLS & TIM MCGRAW PRE-ORDER NOW Ahead of the release of his collaboration project Bettie James this…, FEATURED ARTISTS INCLUDE BRAD PAISLEY, CHARLEY PRIDE, DARIUS RUCKER, MICKEY GUYTON, NELLY, NOAH CYRUS, THE OAK RIDGE BOYS, RITA WILSON, TAUREN WELLS & TIM MCGRAW TRACK LIST TO BE REVEALED NEXT WEEK Platinum-selling singer/songwriter Jimmie Allen is…, Platinum-selling country singer/songwriter Jimmie Allen has unveiled the music video for his newly released single “This Is Us” featuring Noah Cyrus – watch HERE. And the proposal was a family affair, as both of their parents, their sisters, his cousin and a friend were on hand to help celebrate.

For the ACM Awards, he joins Bluebird performances from  Miranda Lambert, Tim McGraw and Luke Combs. 1 on both the Billboard and Mediabase charts. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. RELATED: Jimmie Allen Admits He’s the First to ‘Catch Feelings’ in a Relationship: ‘I’m a Sensitive Guy’. Allen, who hit No. The show airs at 7 p.m. CST on CBS. Allen performs the song Wednesday from Nashville's famed Bluebird Cafe during the ACM Awards.