"But I will not bore anyone with stories of my demons or use them to excuse what I've done. By Zach Johnson Aug 03, 2016 11:52 AM Tags. Moore also said how her then-husband, musician Ryan Adams, had a huge influence on her music, [219] and that he introduced her to heavy metal. (Photo: Dan Hallman/Invision/AP). There is no way to convince people that this time is truly different, but this is the albatross that I deserve to carry with me as a result of my actions.

NBC fired Matt Lauer, longtime anchor of the Today show, on Nov. 28, 2017 following allegations of sexual misconduct with a colleage. Opera star Placido Domingo withdrew in late 2019 from several scheduled U.S. performances and resigned as general director of the Los Angeles Opera amid allegations of sexual harassment. "You know, it's challenging because, I feel like in many ways, I've said all I want to say about him and that situation but I find it curious he would make a public apology but not do it privately," she told Today Show's Hoda Kotb on Monday morning when asked what she thought about the apology. His response: "I am outraged and hurt by the recent statements made by Alice about me and our prior relationship,” the statement reads.

Hoffman apologized in a statement to the 'Associated Press,' saying, “I have the utmost respect for women and feel terrible that anything I might have done could have put her in an uncomfortable situation… It is not reflective of who I am.” The following day, a second accuser, Wendy Riss Gatsiounis told 'Variety' the actor made verbal advances and tried to convince her to go to a hotel. Goddard denied the allegations in a statement. Moore was one of seven women who accused Adams of sexual and emotional abuse in a New York Times exposé in February 2019, which detailed a pattern of manipulative and controlling behavior for Adams’ sexual gain.

He's seen here with Audrey Gelman, left, and Girls star Lena Dunham, in this 2012 file photo. If Mandy Moore was looking for an apology from ex-husband Ryan Adams, she certainly wasn’t expecting to hear about it secondhand. My thoughts on Ryan Adam.

Send us a tip using our anonymous form.

"There are no words to express how bad I feel about the ways I've mistreated people throughout my life and career," the singer-songwriter began in his apology. We and our partners will store and/or access information on your device through the use of cookies and similar technologies, to display personalised ads and content, for ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. "Realizing the consequences of my actions, I took a hard look inwards and sought to find the truth behind them. She accuses him of touching and penetrating her without her consent at the Hôtel Bristol in Paris. "I am speaking for myself but I have not heard from him and I'm not looking for an apology necessarily, but I do find it curious that someone would sort of do an interview about it without making amends privately," Moore added. ", Aziz Ansari was accused in an online essay on Babe.net in 2018 by an woman identified by a pseudonym of undressing her and pressuring her into oral sex at his apartment after a date. I'm really trying. Updated 0012 GMT (0812 HKT) February 20, 2019. Singer-songwriter Ryan Adams — who was accused of sexual misconduct and psychological abuse last year by several women, including ex-wife Mandy Moore — apologized for his past “harmful behavior.” Some of its details are misrepresented; some are exaggerated; some are outright false.

Guillod's attorney said the charges were fully investigated at the time, though he has taken a leave of absence.

Speaking Monday to the "Today" show, Moore said Adams' public apology was "challenging" for her "because I feel like, in many ways, I've said all I want to say about him and that situation, but I find it curious that someone would make a public apology but not do it privately. Jennifer Lopez' longtime manager Benny Medina was accused of attempted rape by Jason Dottley in an interview published by The Advocate on Nov. 10, 2017.