Gina Brass wanted to support survivors of sexual violence, so she shared her own story. "It's Regina's time.". “I now fully believe this situation was a set-up and that something was put into my drink to eliminate my inhibitions. This advertisement has not loaded yet, but your article continues below. It's individual people looking around their lives and saying I'm going to hold you to account the same way I'm going to hold myself to account," she said. Runyowa said individuals could instead file litigation against social media companies such as Facebook, which owns Instagram, but those corporations have deep pockets. A welcome email is on its way. The goal is to ensure the process is supportive and private. He said police often do not have training in dealing with people who have suffered trauma. "But after that incident he knew what he did was wrong.". “It tells us that we are sparking a long overdue conversation and that people are slowly feeling more comfortable with addressing this issue in their lives and among their social circles. She created the page in response to the numerous allegations of verbal sexual harassment and inappropriate behaviour against mental health advocate and former Earls manager Jim Demeray, which came to light in a CBC News Investigation. women share #metoo stories detailing 'toxic' culture of restaurant industry, Experts say bystanders must call out sexual harassment in the workplace, Why hundreds of Quebecers are turning to social media to make sexual misconduct accusations, CBC's Journalistic Standards and Practices. Regina Police Service (RPS) spokeswoman Elizabeth Popowich said police are aware of the Instagram page, but that the anonymous reports are not enough for action to be taken. We have enabled email notifications—you will now receive an email if you receive a reply to your comment, there is an update to a comment thread you follow or if a user you follow comments. zzushik. Join the mailing list to receive daily email updates. Street Culture CEO put on leave following additional allegations, Dead South cellist steps down after sexual misconduct allegations, Regina Instagram account sharing stories of alleged sexual violence, Regina man suing Facebook over Survivor's Stories Instagram page, tap here to see other videos from our team, led to further allegations of a toxic workplace culture. However, the accusationsled to further allegations of a toxic workplace culture at the non-profit. alanoudf4 reblogged this from amourdiamondz.

The Royal Family Photos and videos from the work & activities of The Queen & The Royal Family. Across Saskatchewan, 1,196 sexual assaults were reported to police in 2016 (more recent numbers were unavailable provincially). Moravia de la O hopes the Survivor’s Stories Regina Instagram page helps people realize how widespread sexual violence is in Saskatchewan. We encountered an issue signing you up. Please try again. Chaired by Christie Westbrook, the committee will serve as a contact point for survivors or any concerned party to come forward with allegations. Visit our Community Guidelines for more information and details on how to adjust your email settings. In just over a week, it has received hundreds of stories from people detailing experiences with sexual violence and has more than 5,000 follows. There was an error, please provide a valid email address. Some have reached out to her, and some of her friends have since become comfortable making their stories public. "I think that it's a reckoning that's long overdue," she said. 144.2k Followers, 450 Following, 215 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Maya (@regina_cwc)

In other instances, victims report to police but the Crown doesn't pursue charges.

People call survivors liars or blame them, saying they must have done something to provoke or imply consent to the violence, or they make excuses for abusers and vouch for their character, Arnott said.
We ask you to keep your comments relevant and respectful. Postmedia is committed to maintaining a lively but civil forum for discussion and encourage all readers to share their views on our articles. Unauthorized distribution, transmission or republication strictly prohibited. Das ganze natürlich Täglich! "They can still tell their story.

Sign up to receive daily headline news from Regina Leader-Post, a division of Postmedia Network Inc.