TIME may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. Since then, the country star has continuously been a part of her goddaughter's life, often acting as a mentor to the pop singer. “[I’d rather] be an example rather than just try to tell somebody to do this, do that because I don’t think that’s right. Apparently, Dolly's close ties with the pop star stems from her long-lasting friendship with Miley's father and fellow country singer, Billy Ray Cyrus. But it's not just their love of music that tie the two singers together — Dolly is in fact Miley's real-life godmother! Dolly Parton hat einmal einen Dolly-Parton-look-alike-Contest verloren. Dez. But I’ve watched her grow up. All rights reserved. A Look Back on RBG's Astonishing Accomplishments, It's Critical to Get Your Flu Shot This Year. Dolly has been a part of Miley's life since she first met and befriended her father, Billy Ray Cyrus, in the early 1990s. Our content is created to the best of our knowledge, yet it is of general nature and cannot in any way substitute an individual consultation by your doctor. But I will respect her choices. For can't-miss news, expert beauty advice, genius home solutions, delicious recipes, and lots more, sign up for the Good Housekeeping newsletter. Then, in 2016, the legendary country superstar Dolly Parton and modern-day pop star Miley Cyrus didn't just team up to sing the song together—they did so with the acapella superstar group Pentatonix for a rendition of Jolene that was unforgettable.The performance happened on the TV show, The Voice, where Miley Cyrus was acting as a coach.Dolly Parton was appearing as a … Parton is a Grammy-winning singer-songwriter and Cyrus’ godmother, Your browser is out of date. Is It Safe to Trick-or-Treat During COVID?

Offers may be subject to change without notice. The entire Song by Song: Dolly Parton series, ... Miley Cyrus, Vince Gill, Miranda Lambert, Brad Paisley, Kellie Pickler, Kenny Rogers, Marty Stuart, Carrie Underwood and a full interview with the superstar herself! "He worked with me on some shows we did in the early days. Dolly Parton was appearing as a guest on the show to promote her NBC Christmas movie, Christmas of Many Colors. And she doesn’t have to be so drastic. She and Miley Cyrus, along with the vocals of Pentatonix, were able to bless the audience as well as all who are able to hear the beautiful rendition of Jolene, a song originally written decades ago about a flirty redhead at the local bank branch. The performance by three of the biggest stars in music was visually stunning as well. She made her point, she made her mark, and more power to her. Recently, Dolly opened up even more about her relationship with Miley to People, saying she wasn't worried about the pop star's recent actions that earned her plenty of media attention in the last year, including her sudden divorce with husband Liam Hemsworth after less than a year of marriage. Over the years, Dolly and Miley have formed a special bond, with the two stars having performed together several times. “Wrecking Ball” is a great song. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, Here's Why Kelly Clarkson Is Wearing an Eye Patch, Selena Gomez Shows Off Scar in Blue One-Piece, Princess Eugenie Is Pregnant with Her First Baby. Then, in 2016, the legendary country superstar Dolly Parton and modern-day pop star Miley Cyrus didn't just team up to sing the song together—they did so with the acapella superstar group Pentatonix for a rendition of Jolene that was unforgettable.
You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site. www.mtv.de/.../miley-cyrus-verwandelt-sich-in-ihre-patentante-dolly-parton And then when Miley came along, I said, 'She's got to be my fairy goddaughter. We just kind of gelled, 'cause we're both country kids. 2. But Miley’s smart; Miley knows what she’s doing. She was very proud of the work she did as Hannah Montana, but people were gonna leave her there forever. Miley Cyrus & Dolly Parton rocken "The Voice" 1. So I don’t. There are songs that are legendary no matter how many times you hear them or how old they are. 2016, 19:58 - Promiflash. If I didn’t know how smart and talented Miley is, I might worry about her.