Want up-to-the-minute entertainment news and features? Related: Bodyguard episode six explained: Julia's killer revealed and more of the finale's big reveals. In October 2018, Richard told Deadline he’s curious to find out what Budd’s been up to since the events of the finale. there's been nothing new to sink our teeth into in 2019. protecting a member of the royal family or a foreign dignitary, has confirmed she won't be back for a second run, Bodyguard star says season 2 might need one big change, Bodyguard: 7 HUGE questions and theories after ep 2, Bodyguard episode 4's twist changes everything, Bodyguard viewers think they know who set off the bomb, The Gifted season 2: Everything you need to know, Leila season 2: Everything you need to know. Bodyguard ist eine britische Dramaserie von Autor Jed Mercurio (Line of Duty) aus dem Jahr 2018. All very possible, though Mercurio insists he didn't intentionally plant seeds in the first six episodes of Bodyguard to follow up in future series. "We certainly weren't the first [show] to rotate casts... but Line of Duty established that it works very well," he again told Radio Times. He couldn't just go straight back into work. David Budd definitely needs a vacation after that. He's going to be engaged in something interesting.". "But the show's engaged with so many people, and it's engaged with me, because I'm fascinated by that character. Some two months later, Richard told People that a second season was “definitely a possibility.". Chatting to Radio Times, Nicholas Gleaves, who played the Conservative Party Chief Whip Roger Penhaligon in season one, said: "I spoke to the producer a month ago and he absolutely guaranteed that there would be a second series, and he absolutely guaranteed that he's no idea when it's going to be.". As modern TV fans have quickly learned, if there’s no body, the death didn’t really happen. "We're going to give it a breath and do it justice. Between Richard Madden’s eyes and all the times he made you melt with the blurt of “ma’am,” Bodyguard season 1 was a wild ride.

Mercurio is tied up with Line of Duty, while Madden's career has gone from strength to strength, bagging roles in Rocketman, 1917 and Marvel's The Eternals, not to mention the speculation that he is set to succeed Daniel Craig as the next James Bond. the biggest new drama launch in the UK in 2018, the most-watched piece of TV drama since records began. The following characters, meanwhile, can definitively be ruled out from appearing in a second series. READ MORE: Opposite Attraction and Dangerous Reaction – Bodyguard Comes to VisionTV, Opposite Attraction and Dangerous Reaction – Bodyguard Comes to VisionTV. He's not going to sit back and retire, and he's not going to pick a normal job. "We'd love to do more," Mercurio said. In the upsetting and absolute last episodes of the essential season of Bodyguard, Richard Madden, who sold a Golden Globe for his spooky cop execution, standard the PSTD Council in the wake of being forced to bomb a bomb inside the boulevards of London associated with the chest.

Coming soon to BBC One. What's happened to him?'". "I would return if I was asked, but I don't feel Nadia has any more of a journey to explore," she told Radio Times. L'ultimo episodio della prima stagione ha ottenuto il record di ascolti degli ultimi dieci anni nel Regno Unito: 10.4 milioni di telespettatori ed uno share pari al 40.9%. 1. If we come back to do another one, I want to do something as different as the first series was, and not just repeat the cycle, repeat the formula.
In fact, writer Mercurio has suggested that the second series could see Budd back on duty, but protecting a member of the royal family or a foreign dignitary, rather than another politician. Season 1. In the heart-stopping finale, Budd faces his greatest mission yet: getting himself out of a suicide vest while trying to convince authorities (i.e., his coworkers) that he’s still the good guy.

Cosmopolitan participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. ", Richard Madden has suggested, though, that the very public events of the first series will inevitably impact on Budd's future. Starring @MissKeeleyHawes and @_RichardMadden. DIGITAL SPY, PART OF THE HEARST UK ENTERTAINMENT NETWORK. But the shifty MI5 grunt going by the alias "Richard Longcross" – who was involved in attempting to cover up Julia and MI5's plot to overthrow the PM – was able to escape police custody. 2. He's not going to go back to work, is he? From the makers of #LineofDuty.