Neck set (with average bridge height specified by Bourgeois). Thus, although the vast majority of Soloists are OM cutaways, serial # 472,277 was a D, or Dreadnought, size, and # 474,751 was a cutaway D. Another D cutaway was built with a German Spruce top, Brazilian Rosewood back and sides, Martin style “42” inlays, and a Maple neck. Other features include the finger-friendly 50mm (1.97-Inch) width at nut and comfortable 620mm (24.41-Inch) scale length.

Reviewed in the United States on July 22, 2019, Pretty decent quality 3/4 sized (senorita) guitar, Reviewed in the United States on August 21, 2012. I'll start off by saying that I am new to the guitar. Eric advised me to get into building guitars and around 1989 there was an opening for an apprentice at Dana Bourgeois’ shop in Topsham, Maine. Jackson Pro Series Soloist SL7P HT MAH 7-String Electric... Jackson Pro Series Soloist SL3 Electric Guitar, Jackson Pro Series Soloist SL2Q HT MAH Electric Guitar. (featuring bearclaw top, maple binding, Style 45 snowflakes on the fingerboard, and Style 41 pearl purfling): A long-scale (25 1/2″) 000 size 12-fret with Bearclaw Englemann Spruce top and “Spotted Pony” Brazilian Rosewood back & sides.

Jackson X Series Soloist Arch Top SLATX7Q MS 7-String... Jackson X Series Soloist SL3X DX Crackle Electric Guitar, Jackson X Series Soloist SLX DX Swirl Electric Guitar, Jackson Pro Series Soloist SL3M Electric Guitar, Jackson Pro Series Soloist SL2FM MAH Electric Guitar, Jackson Chris Broderick Pro Series Soloist 6. This is the only Maple Schoenberg Soloist ever made. Paul Asbell, Burlington, Vermont, 2000-Present. Neck carving (from special template provided by Bourgeois). “I always loved the look of pyramid bridges. Throughout 1987 and 1988, Dana was assisted by his second apprentice, Ted Schieps (a jazz guitarist now living in France), who had taken over from T. J. Thompson, Dana’s former apprentice (and, by now, Repair Shop Foreman at Elderly Instruments in Lansing, Michigan). An excellent Jackson Soloist SL4X electric guitar!

(Don't I selected all of the materials, made up most of the parts in my shop, and essentially sent guitar kits to Martin to assemble for us. “I had experienced a rebirth of interest in the guitar in college and took lessons with Eric Schoenberg at the Music Emporium in Cambridge.

This Soloist, believed to be the earliest, features a Martin “torch” inlay on the headstock.

David Gansz, Lexington, Virginia, 1999-2000

The finished guitar did not sound like a spruce guitar; it had its own sound, but it was very good”.

SALE! These guitars were begun by Dana. AccuRadio event calendar: It's our Wayback Weekend for the year 2000. Eric remembers, “Dana had been my repairman, and he wanted to build a guitar for me. Backstrip handmade of Maple, Walnut, & Ebony. This guitar was the Schoenberg Soloist prototype”. The content below was researched, created, and published by David Gansz in his comprehensive history of Schoenberg Guitars, which can be accessed here: http://www.gansz.org/David/Guitars/Schoenberg/Index.htm, Dana recalls, “I had been making guitars since 1975 and I was also running a folk club in the late 1970’s. Entire contents Copyright © Musician's Friend Inc. Musician's Friend is a registered trademark of Musician's Friend, Inc. All Rights Reserved. $829.00

Never before had Martin been so straightforward about their manufacturing input into instruments bearing another name.

Before departing, Dana completed a faithful replica of a 1930 Martin OM-45 Deluxe: Dana Bourgeois and T. J. Thompson, Dana’s former apprentice, jointly completed a final batch of Schoenberg Soloists at C. F. Martin & Company. Jackson Pro Soloist SL2P MAH Electric Guitar, Burl Top, Floyd Rose, Hard Case. (Registration I didn’t want to risk bending the Brazilian to the steep Selmer cutaway shape, so I designed a softer cutaway shape that I continue to use to this day. Enter stage right T. J. Thompson. Dana Bourgeois designed the unique headstock pattern.Inlay work was done by acclaimed banjo maker Jimmy Cox, of Topsham, Maine. The top came to us as Engelmann, but there’s nothing in the tone of this instrument that fits any of the generalities of how Engelmann is supposed to sound. 6.

Phil Stover, Darien, Connecticut, 1996-1999

–Dana Bourgeois, quoted in 1990.
8. Dick was sold on the idea and, in turn, he persuaded C. F. “Chris” Martin IV to undertake a collaborative production project between the Martin factory and Bourgeois. Essentially, it … Ultimately, Bourgeois thought it was feasible while Schoenberg did not. John Dana, Portland, Maine, 1991-1993

The wood around where the frets were inserted wasn't smoothed out that well and part of it look a little splintery.

Between 1980 and 1984, as a certified repairman for C. F. Martin Guitar Company, I got an opportunity to work on or restore some two dozen pre-war Martin OMs, which were either Eric’s personal instruments or guitars that he purchased for resale at his store.

30" BLUE Wood Guitar with BONUS Case and Accessories for Kids/Girls/Boys/Begi... Nordic Essentials Nordic-02 -02 Guitar Capo Deluxe for Guitars, Ukulele, Banjo, Man... Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. The original prospectus for Schoenberg Soloists.Note it states that the labels are to be signed by C.F.

As a result, many Schoenberg guitars featured Bearclaw tops.

A non-cutaway, deep-bodied OM with Brazilian Rosewood fretboard & bridge,and “psychedelic” Brazilian Rosewood back. In 2003 it sold at auction, and was acquired by Players Vintage Instruments of Inverness, California.
3. Tested/played and its active EMG electronics function 100% as they should.

Previous page of related Sponsored Products, Reviewed in the United States on August 29, 2014.

Give a listen to this Senorita – soloist S62C is a great sounding 7/8 size classical guitar. Whatever your style, there's a Jackson Soloist destined to help you shred it to pieces. It is a very nice guitar and I would recommend it to someone on the fence about buying it.

Manuel Barrueco.