Drawing from the idea of the "morning news interpretation", I get the idea that the depressing and unpleasent stories often heard on the morning news can be intoxicating to the mind in a way (therefore being the "twist" in sobriety). Well, that clarifies things I guess.

The lyrics are to love, although I'm not totally sure I understand them.

Question: If it taint what's in the sausage, and it snot what's on the sausage... ? i haven't heard that name in a long time. It means she was drunk when she shagged him!

I think I have some idea, something about our way of life and life in general, resignation, strength/will, but I can't put it all together. Most of Tinita Tickertape's stuff is obscure or depressing. Join Yahoo Answers and get 100 points today.

Open to interpretation as it is, my reading would be that she had a crush on some man, and was not thinking straight - hence, 'a twist in sobriety'. „Twist in my sobriety“ stürmte 1988 die Charts. This boring life is twisted into something exciting by the lover who has "drawn red from my hands." as for the meaning. One of my all time favorites.

I think this is a strong feeling when you're just after adolescence. I mean, I don't want to fool a listener, but in everything I write there's a sense of truth and untruth, but I try to make untrue things real as well, so it's a kind of a game.Roman: What a pity, I thought you're honest with us.Tanita: (laughter) I try, but it's a kind of a game. Twist in My Sobriety Original Songtext. Sucking up the love from someone until they run out of blood and life shine in eyes.

Tanita Tikaram has a song called Twist in my Sobriety as described in the title but i didnt manage to retrieve the meaning of that phrase so far because of my lack of english so i was hoping somone can give me a short explanation. Released as a single in 1988 from her debut album, Ancient Heart, it was Tikaram's biggest international success, achieving top 10 placings in several European countries.

daughters Alice? http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/bandits/twistinmyso... What's something less important than toilet paper? "People are not good just for wearing traveling shoes" and they are "good" so their "conscience is clear".Second verse is about not giving yourself to the influence of that person. Line from the very famous song by Tanita Tikaram.

In "scent", is the "s" or the "c" silent? The reference to sobriety or being sober always caught me as something deeper than being physically sober.

This boring life is twisted into something exciting by the lover who has "drawn red from my hands.".

thanks Mihai

B. Beryl from Northallerton Senior Member. It's the song (Tanita Tikaram – Twist In My Sobriety) From my hands you know you'll never be More than twist in my sobriety .
tanita tikaram. Twist in My Sobriety auf Deutsch.
Could you explain to me what does "twist in my sobriety" mean? A hologram is an image and eyes being like images suggests that we are "turning a blind eye".The "love drawn red from my hands" can be seen as a representation of how people go to extremes for what they believe in. :).

Μετάφραση του 'Twist in My Sobriety' από Tanita Tikaram από Αγγλικά σε Ελληνικά Deutsch English Español Français Hungarian Italiano Nederlands Polski Português (Brasil) Română Svenska Türkçe Ελληνικά Български Русский Српски العربية 日本語 한국어 Without pronouncing on the merits of this particular poem, I think it is clear that it is addressed to a former lover. http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=598593.