Then I’ve setup the field in C1 to calculate the entire average of all the 5-minute increments rounded down (the way that Twitch does it) so the sheet does NOT average the average which should be accurate.

You have 2 viewers the first five minutes and then 3 for an hour straight, your average viewers for that stream will be 2 once rounded down. Ninja is the most popular gaming channel on Twitch.tv which is headed by a Richard Tyler with more than 10.6 million followers. Of course, if you would like it to handle more than 6 hours per day you can change it after you copy it to your own Google Sheets account. It's an interesting process that I can believe. I'm struggling to get average of 3 viewers. Sep 16. But I guess that's wrong and it's not that hard? You have 2 viewers the first five minutes and then 3 for an hour straight, your average viewers for that stream will be 2 once rounded down. Live channels and viewers per channel on Twitch between Sunday 13th September and Saturday 19th September Basically, the average viewer number is rounded down twice. Channel Leaderboards × × The Most Watched Twitch Streamers, September 2020.

That's some really good analysis haha :) Thx. I had just hit 67% when everything else was complete with a true average of 2 viewers. I even took the time to add some error handling, so you wouldn’t have to be bothered by that pesky divide by 0 error. Ex. channels TwitchTracker.com 15.

These detailed breakdowns allow broadcasters to better understand revenue and viewership trends. Once I get 50 followers, I'll be in that sweet affiliate zone :). Top 250 from United States. Twitch records how many viewers you have in each of those intervals, adds them all up, and divides them by how many 5-minute intervals there were (an average). Top 500 YouTube Channels. I think you are very close to the actual numbers. Once that number is established, it is set aside and you move onto the next stream. The only error I found in your description is how they determine the 30 day average. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BsCPB3OsMfYlQ9zHOPzWwrsdyerw7sgiIG20SaPeCqA/edit#gid=704887995. From the data I collected when working towards affiliate, yes twitch is using the number of viewers they collect every 5 minutes to determine your average. That's why I try to stay on until the average hits 3 to 5 at least. Twitch broadcasts an average of 11 million videos each month. However, Twitch rounds this number down to the nearest whole number. I'm not sure about average viewers as twitch can't do maths. I had, I believe, 5 streams at like an average of 9 viewers and received an affiliate email. Everyone learns in highschool you don't round until the end. Most Watched Fastest Growing Highest Peak Viewership Most Popular Most Followed #1. xQcOW. Ex. I totally remember before I became an affiliate, I was usually getting 4-5 people per stream, but my average would only be 1-2 people since people would leave at random times. Just wanted to shed some light on it for anyone scratching their head like me. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. The sheet is limited to a maximum of 6 hours per day right now. You mean they average the average to find the average? Ex. If there are errors or ways to do things better than I have done them, I am totally open to feedback and suggestions. DISCLAIMER: I'm always afraid that I might violate some sort of rule when posting to Reddit - but, I worked hard on this sheet to help anybody who might find value in calculating their average viewers over 30 days, so I hope it is okay to post it here. Twitch stats - Monthly, yearly reports, ranks and milestones. Twitch records how many viewers you have in each of those intervals, adds them all up, and divides them by how many 5-minute intervals there were (an average). That's really interesting. For the longest time, I was very confused about how Twitch calculated the average viewers in a stream. Concurrent channels and viewers week 2,180,008 Avg. You can navigate to your Channel Analytics by clicking Insights > Channel Analytics via the icon on your dashboard. Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers. I was wondering about this before and tried to work out how to get affiliate in one day, my brain said that 90 viewers would come out to 3 average in 30 days. That's what I've been hearing as well. I don't consider myself a mathematical genius at all, I just looked at a few different calculations and the one described above is the only one that hold true.

As many of you know, the path to Affiliate requires you to have an "Average of 3 Viewers in the last 30 days". That's the last step of becoming twitch affiliate and I'm feeling cheated. It isn’t based on number of streams (again I’m still just basing it off my data) but still the length of streaming. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Press J to jump to the feed. That is the tricky part. Yup I figured this out too while trying to hit my avg 3 viewer. So, here are my findings (correct me if I'm wrong): When you stream, Twitch breaks up the duration by 5 minute intervals. 21 years is the average age of Twitch active users. I've protected the cells you are not supposed to touch with warning messages (and the color red) if you stray outside the data entry fields and there is sample data in it, so you can see what to do for each day. 71% of Twitch’s users are millennials.

You’re only supposed to enter your data in the green cells…It’s fairly simple, just transpose (enter) your numbers from your Stats page in the corresponding green cells and you will see your daily average viewers at the top. Total bullshit.

Got my friends to stay around during almost each stream, but whatever I do, avg viewers don't go up that easily. I count 3 as my average per stream and twitch decides it 2 ALL THE TIME. Ranked by the total viewership hours (hours live x average viewers) in the last 30 days.