Los Angeles parents filed a class action lawsuit against Los Angeles Unified, saying the district is failing to provide students with their constitutional right to an education during distance learning. How the Brazilian actor turned himself into the most notorious drug lord ever, BEVERLY HILLS, CA - JULY 28: (EDITORS NOTE: This image has been digitally altered) Actor Wagner Moura from Netflix's 'Narcos' poses in the Getty Images Portrait Studio powered by Samsung Galaxy at the 2015 Summer TCA's at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on July 28, 2015 in Beverly Hills, California. “I always thought those World War II films with German people speaking English with German accents was weird,” he told the New York Times, He starred in Brazil’s highest-ever grossing film. At the end of the day, that’s what all actors do… When you play a character that really existed, it’s your version of them.”, “Javier Bardem is going to play Escobar in a film and I’m crazy to see his version of him,” continued Moura. International Labour Organization release, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Seven energizing SoCal day trips you can take, even during coronavirus. Send us a tip using our anonymous form. Thanking your therapist in a virtual Emmys speech amid a pandemic?

“But I’d love to, maybe in Season 5, come back as another character. But I knew exactly how it was going to happen to my character so I could build this arc, this curve.”, Now Moura, who is directing his own film in Brazil, which is also about a tumultuous political and social era, is intent on shedding all that residual Escobar weight.

“Many actors gave up and said, ‘Fuck it, I’m an actor. We want to hear from you! No "spoiler alert" here: Viewers who've been following Wagner Moura's remarkable transformation into Pablo Escobar on Narcos likely know the gristly fate that awaits him. “It is something that touches me deeply because I grew up in rural Brazil and could see first-hand how poverty forced people to work in harsh, exploitative conditions. To play a military police captain, Moura submitted to boot camp with Rio’s elite police.

The British film academy performed an internal review to address concerns over diversity after another year of all-white acting nominees.

“At the same time, it brought me [closer] to the character. The 2020 Emmys offered exciting wins, fun celebrity cameos and touching moments with essential workers.

If you absolutely have to fly right now, here’s how to do it as safely as possible.

He read “everything that was written about Pablo,” and spent time in Barrio Pablo Escobar, the neighborhood that the cartel leader built to house the poor, where many residents still see Escobar as a sort of guerrilla Robin Hood. He worked on the two films with director José Padilha, who produces “Narcos.”. ", He also moved his family to Colombia, introducing his children to a new corner of Latin America. These day trips, from the beaches to the desert to the valleys, will get you out there again.

Adam Schiff: Why my colleagues and I are introducing the first major democracy reforms since Watergate. The In Memoriam segment at Sunday’s Emmys didn’t include late Broadway star Nick Cordero, even though there was a fan campaign, friend Zach Braff says. “I spent two years doing the character and working with those people and crew.

Here are some travel safety tips from the experts for flying during the coronavirus pandemic. “It was probably one of the hardest things I’ve had to do as an actor, learn how to speak another language to play a character,” said Moura, 40, whose first language is Portuguese. “This concept of [who is] good and who is bad is always being played with.”. The 5 must-see moments from the virtual 2020 Emmy Awards.

In the series, Boyd Holbrook and Pedro Pascal play former, real-life Drug Enforcement Administration agents Steve Murphy and Javier Pena.